Vytas M. Rimas, Esq.
Counselor and Litigator
Attorney Vytas Rimas, the founder of Rimas Law Firm, is licensed in Minnesota and California and AV-Rated.
His legal work and litigation has been on behalf of clients ranging from start up entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 Companies in diverse industries and technical fields, including financial services, and computers and semi-conductors, consumer goods, medical devices, building agricultural products, sports equipment, entertainment and housing.
He has been selected as an expert and a mediator by appointment from the U.S. District Court.
- California Supreme Court
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Eighth, Ninth and Federal Circuits
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Courts for the Districts of Minnesota
- United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Districts of Minnesota
- United States District Courts for the C.D. and N.D. of California
- United States District Courts for Colorado, W.D. Michigan, W. D. Wisconsin
- Pro hac vice admissions throughout the U.S.
- Corporate Counsel Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- AIPLA Alternative Dispute Resolution Neutral Registry
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- California State Bar, Intellectual Property Section
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association and Lawyer Referral and Information Service
- Mediator by appointment from U.S. District Court
- Golden Gate University Law School, Juris Doctor, San Francisco, California
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor of Science, Biology, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Additional graduate-level course work in Biomedical Computer Programming
- Lectured on topics including trademark, copyright, Internet law, trade secret protection and litigation, and ethical issues in intellectual property litigation
- Chaired E-Law Symposium and presented Combating Unauthorized use of Trademarks, Copyrighted Materials and Linking
- Intellectual Property for Business Lawyers, West Group, (contributing author)
- Trade Secret Protection of Computer Software, Rimas, 5 COMPUTER/LAW JOURNAL (77-99)
- Cause of Action Against United States for Patent Infringement Under 28 U.S.C.A. 1498, 64 Causes of Action (2015)
- National Writing Award, University of Southern California Computer Law
- Quoted in the Saint Paul Pioneer Press newspaper
- Recognition by The State Bar of California Board of Governors for Outstanding Contribution of Pro Bono Legal Services in California
- Martindale-Hubbell AV